And, finally...the strawberry shortcake cake (recipe from none other than the talented Ree Drummond aka The Pioneer Woman). This one definitely takes the cake. Sadly, I wasn't able to take pictures of the process, but you can always go to Ree's page and she photographs it step-by-step.
The biggest challenge was definitely cutting the cake in half to fill it with strawberries and icing and put it back together again. Next time, I'm definitely calling for some back-up in flipping the cake. Otherwise, everything was pretty smooth sailing. It's not the easiest thing I've ever made, but definitely worth the labor of smashing strawberries.
The only difference between hers and mine is the icing (I used Cathy's icing recipe) and I put some extra strawberries on top for extra pizzazz. I drove some down to Austin for my best friends to try and it was a hit! If you've got some extra strawberries in the house or plan to go strawberry picking next season, you should definitely make this!
Thanks for following this mini-series of posts.
What's your favorite thing to make/eat with strawberries?
Stay tuned for a collections post!



0 comments:
Post a Comment