{quote} elizabeth kubler-ross

So here's a late night thought: think of the most beautiful people you know. What makes them beautiful?

Perhaps you'd throw out a few name's from People's Top 100 Most Beautiful People list - nothin' wrong. But there are a number of things I believe, and this is one of them. I ran across this quote a few nights ago...probably on tumblr or pinterest, and it made me remember some of my most cherished relationships.

I've been graced to know many beautiful people so far in my short lifetime, but I'm not talking about the best dressed or the ones with the best smiles (though some of them do overlap as part of the more aesthetically pleasing population). The beautiful people who I'm reminded of are those who bear the burden of their families' struggles with a heart of hope; they're the ones who come back soaring after hitting rock bottom. They're the ones who persevere when the whole world tells them they can't; they've weathered through storms of physical pain with a smile on their faces and in their hearts, even till death. These are the people I admire and think are the most beautiful in the world. So, who's on your list?


On a side note -- crap, it's almost September!

1 comments:

Tinchuk :

this quote might as well be about you. except you go one step further and go out of your way to bring out the beauty in others. thank you for helping me while i was lost. i'm sure there are many others that have beneficiaries of your kindness :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...