on worrying

There's a harsh reality in life we all have to face (well, at least I hope we all face it).  This reality embodies itself in many ways - the bills we have to pay or facebook timeline (btw, not a fan!) revealing to us how long it's been since <insert nostalgic moment here> or in my case showing me how many of my friends are engaged/married, haha.  No, but really...there's a reality that hurts -- like knowing someone dear to you is in pain and you can't physically do anything about it, or realizing that people, even friends, will pass judgement on you, gossip about you, or perhaps leave you.  I don't mean to get so depressing, but let's face it - life is hard, y'all!
Even so, there is hope.  At least I believe there is.  I've had my share of worrisome days and, sure, there will be more to come, but I've resolved to not let it get to me as much as I can, as often as I can.  This is not just for the sake of my soul, but for the sake of others - I mean, who wants to be friends with a worry wart?  Just kidding.  Seriously though, when you let your worry consume your thoughts it envelopes you in this sea of stress, and now everything you see / do / think / feel is under water.  It's twice as hard to breathe, to see, to move...and if you can't swim, you're straight up drowning!

So if you're breathing but under water or drowning in an ocean of anxiousness - let go of your pride and thinking you can do it all; come up for air.  Take a deep breath.  Take off your goggles to see things clearly.  Look at your life.  What are things you can change, and what are things that are completely out of your control?  Be reasonable with yourself.  Take initiative on the things you can change, and leave the rest to God.  Cast your burdens on Him; scream, shout, cry if you have to.  Just breathe in deeply the air we were made to breathe, enjoy what surrounds you, and live freely.
Happy March!
Oh my goodness, it's March...

*images: graphic by me; photo by helene le heron | kim-e-sens

2 comments:

Claudia :

Please remind me to breathe more often in the next few months. Can't stress enough how grateful I am to have the most awesome assistant ever!

ja :

Thank you Megan! I made a goal this year to let loose more, be less uptight, and all around try to release most of the worrying and anxiousness I've been holding onto for quite awhile...your post was completely dead on for me! I've been slipping back into the worry mode just a little bit these past two weeks and your reminder and timing is perfect. Take initiative on things you can change and leave the rest up to God, cast your burdens on Him...

and the funny thing is I happened to play Kelly Clarkson-Stronger just as I was reading your post!

I love your inspiration Meg, your words, style, creativity :) miss ya!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...