{on the road} ready, set, go!

In 2 hours, I'll be on the road to my new home in Arlington, Virginia, some 20 hours away.
The past 4 days since the previous post have been absolutely insane. The amount of packing and unpacking I've done is ridiculous, and I have proof, but first - here's a tid bit about packing:


Over the years of moving and traveling, I've found that the most efficient way to pack a suitcase is to roll up tees and tanks into the crevices of the luggage.



Then, layer some tees flat over the now even surface and lay jeans on top as flat as possible.

 

Also, vacuum sealed bags are absolute genius. Anyone else have packing tips to share?

I probably should've asked this earlier, before I packed everything into my tiny box of a Toyota Corolla.


 


Yes, I could see out of my windows, though I wouldn't have minded being just a little taller. And not to worry! I'm not taking all of this to VA. I'm leaving a good half of it in Dallas, though I'm sad to leave behind my picnic basket & organized crate of scrapbooking paper...sad day.

But, alas, it is time to say goodbye to the great state/country (as some might say) of Texas. When I'm not driving, I will surely be working on posts about my little road trip journey to share with all of you.

<3, a forever texan at heart

2 comments:

Tinchuk :

wow..you weren't lying about your tetris-y skills..props! we're going to miss you..drive safely!

Daisy :

dig the stepstool peeking out of your trunk! i have em stashed throughout the house... clearly they didn't place closet shelving with me in mind ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...