One of my many jobs at the moment involves being an assistant at
Fig 2 Design Studio. My color connoisseur boss,
Claudia, and I are working on a little personal project for me - business cards! For any of you who know me personally, it's no secret that I have a very wide range of things I enjoy and many little dreams in my pockets. There's no label or title that I fit under (ironic, since I
am travel
size - hah!), which makes it slightly more complicated coming up with design and text. Our gears started turning and with a little help from
Pinterest we came up with some design ideas:
I'm going to do inkless letterpress (like the "anthropologie" text), white on white. We decided we like to keep it clean and classy, since I
do organize and am definitely a minimalist.
As far as copy is concerned, it'll just be my name, email, phone and
maybe my blog url - super concise.
I'm sold on the continuous calligraphy across the card, the question is which calligrapher and what kind of font? The possibilities are endless!
Another design element idea Claudia had was doing an illustrated silhouette of me. It'd be bigger than this, centered and also inkless letterpressed. Having both the calligraphy and silhouette may be a bit too much clutter going on, which would you choose?
This may be a bit much for me, but I just
love the threading here.
I'm so excited to draft some design ideas and pick fonts.
I'll keep y'all updated on what the decision is before it hits the press!
Oh, and if you never checked it out here's my
twenty-two things from
My Simple Details!
0 comments:
Post a Comment