destination: charlottesville

Grab a cup of jo, sit down in a cozy chair...relax.
*original image by Lara Jade

It's peaceful here, and that's what I love.  The lulled murmur of cars that pass, families with young kids getting froyo, and couples with their dogs walking through the park...these are the things you miss in life when you run too fast and surely I've done so.  I can hear the birds calling, writing songs as the brittle winter branches stretch and awaken to a bright Spring day.  Their close-to-withering leaves seem to squint at the harsh, but oddly familiar rays of the sun.  It's nice to finally notice things again.

Charlottesville was wonderful, a breath of fresh air and a time of peace.  Driving is always something that just makes me feel free.  When I moved to Houston for college, I got used to the 3-4 hour drives  to Dallas or Austin.  The drives in Virginia are particularly beautiful, though.  I'm a little of both - city and country.  I love me some Zac Brown Band, Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, but I still need a dose of the city's bright lights every once in a while.


And I digress...I started writing in my journal again (above was a small snippet) with my new favorite pen I bought at Rock Paper Scissors.  Read The Hunger Games (so excited for the premiere on Thursday - are you going?!) at Para Coffee (founded by Eric Kelley)...'twas a glorious afternoon.  A few other places I love for breakfast are Bodo's Bagels and Shenandoah Joe (Para gets their coffee beans from here, too!).  What a great idea, the coffee shop.  Here are some snaps of these faves of mine:
*all images taken by me except Para Coffee storefront from Para Coffee
 
Sometimes we all need to take a breather, make an escape.  Where do you go?  What do you do?  For me, Charlottesville is one of those places.  It reminds me to take life simply, it reminds me of familiar friends when I feel far from home, and so I breathe.  And then I come back and face reality.  Hello!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...